Meaning and Origin
What does the name Willard mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from Georgia, U.S. says the name Willard means "The name Willard means 'Strong willed'".
- A user from Rhode Island, U.S. says the name Willard means "Strong willed".
- According to a user from Colorado, U.S., the name Willard means "Willard comes from old english and means hard willed. It was more of a title of an individual before it was a last name. Just as Wizard is a title meaning Very Wise".
- A user from Illinois, U.S. says the name Willard means "Ambition".
- United States educator who was an early campaigner for higher education for women (1787-1870)
- United States advocate of temperance and women's suffrage (1839-1898)
Old English wil (“will”) + heard (“brave, strong”).
- A patronymic surname.
- A male given name from Old English of mostly American usage. Partly transferred back from the surname.
- An unincorporated community in Logan County, Colorado.
- An unincorporated community in Putnam County, Georgia.
- A tiny city in Shawnee County and Wabaunsee County, Kansas.
- An unincorporated community and coal town in Carter County, Kentucky.
- A small unincorporated community in Beaver Township, Bay County, Michigan.
- A city in Greene County, Missouri.
- A village in Torrance County, New Mexico.
- A hamlet primarily in the town of Romulus, Seneca County, New York.
- An unincorporated community in Pender County, North Carolina.
- A city in Huron County, Ohio.
- A small city in Box Elder County, Utah.
- A former unincorporated community in Loudoun County, Virginia, now a part of Washington Dulless International Airport.
- A small unincorporated community in Skamania County, Washington.
- A small town in Rusk County, Wisconsin.
- An unincorporated community in Clark County, Wisconsin.