Meaning and Origin
What does the name Truong mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
Sino-Vietnamese word from 場 (“open space”).
- A place – typically a large, open area – with a well-defined purpose: field
- chiến ― battlefield
- phi ― airport, airfield
- trường bắn ― shooting range
- trường quay / phim trường ― film studio; film set
- a domain; an area; a field
- trường từ vựng ― semantic field
- trường nhìn / thị trường ― field of view
- thị trường ― market
- đi đến ― to go to school
- học ― a school (literally, a place of study)
- nhà ― a school, schoolhouse
- phái ― school of thought
- (physics) A region affected by a particular force: field.
- từ ― magnetic field
- điện trường ― electric field
Sino-Vietnamese word from 長.