Meaning and Origin
What does the name Vang mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 submissions from California, U.S. agree the name Vang means "Gold" and is of Vietnamese origin.
- According to a user from Colorado, U.S., the name Vang means "descending from a tribe".
- A submission from California, U.S. says the name Vang means "To have hope for or to rely on".
- A user from Iowa, U.S. says the name Vang means "Quick".
- According to a user from the United Kingdom, the name Vang is of African origin and means "Wisdom".
- A user from California, U.S. says the name Vang is of Vietnamese origin and means "Golden".
Etymology: D. vangen to catch, seize. See Fang
From White Hmong Vaj or White Hmong Vaaj.
- A Hmong surname of Chinese origin.
Vang was also found in the following language(s): Norwegian