Meaning and Origin
What does the name Randolph mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Florida, U.S., the name Randolph means "Wolf Shield".
- A submission from Georgia, U.S. says the name Randolph means "A shield that protects the sheep from the wolves".
- A user from Iowa, U.S. says the name Randolph is of American origin and means "Wolf".
From Old Norse rǫnd (“shield”) + úlfr (“wolf”).
- A male given name from the Germanic languages.
- A surname.
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Kansas
- A town in Maine
- A hamlet in Manitoba
- A city in Massachusetts
- A city in Minnesota
- A city in Missouri
- A city in Nebraska
- A town in New Hampshire
- A township in New Jersey.
- A town in New York
- A town, the county seat of Rich County, Utah.
- A town in Vermont
- A town and village in Wisconsin