Meaning and Origin
What does the name Webster mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from California, U.S., the name Webster means "Angelic".
- A user from Indiana, U.S. says the name Webster is of Scottish origin and means "Weaver".
Etymology: AS. webbestre. See Web Weave, and -ster
- United States lexicographer (1758-1843)
- United States politician and orator (1782-1817)
- English playwright (1580-1625)
- An English occupational surname for someone who was a weaver.
- Any of various dictionaries published under the name Webster.
- (jocular) Nickname for a person who is a walking dictionary
- A small city, the county seat of Day County, South Dakota, United States.