Meaning and Origin
What does the name Watson mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
- United States geneticist who (with Crick in 1953) helped discover the helical structure of DNA (born in 1928)
- United States psychologist considered the founder of behavioristic psychology (1878-1958)
- United States telephone engineer who assisted Alexander Graham Bell in his experiments (1854-1934)
From Wat + -son.
- A northern English and Scottish patronymic surname.
- Any character who acts as a catalyst for the detective protagonist's mental processes in a mystery story; a consciousness that is privy to facts in the case without being in on the conclusions drawn from them until the proper time. After William L. DeAndrea, discussing Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.