Meaning and Origin
What does the name Adams mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from South Carolina, U.S. says the name Adams is of English origin and means "Adams [adams] as a boys' name is of Hebrew derivation, and the meaning of Adams is 'earth'. Adams is a variant form of Adam (Hebrew): from 'adams'. ASSOCIATED WITH earth".
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Adams is of Scottish origin and means "Love and happiness".
- A mountain peak in southwestern Washington in the Cascade Range (12,307 feet high)
- 2nd President of the United States (1735-1826)
- 6th President of the United States; son of John Adams (1767-1848)
- American Revolutionary leader and patriot; an organizer of the Boston Tea Party and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1722-1803)
- A patronymic surname derived from Adam.
- plural of Adam
Adams was also found in the following language(s): Translingual and Cebuano