Meaning and Origin
What does the name Warner mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from Tennessee, U.S. says the name Warner means "I am the Warn of Er" and is of American origin.
- Someone who gives a warning to others
- United States filmmaker who with his brothers founded the movie studio that produced the first talking picture (1881-1958)
- A surname.
- A patronymic surname derived from a medieval given name, from Germanic war, warin "guard" + hari, heri "army", modern German Werner.
- A occupational surname, reduced from Warrener.
- A male given name transferred from the surname, of occasional usage.
- A placename
- A village in Alberta, Canada.
- A town in New Hampshire, United States.
- A town in Oklahoma, United States.
- A town in South Dakota, United States.