Meaning and Origin
What does the name Texas mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Sweden says the name Texas is of Chinese origin and means "friends".
- A user from Virginia, U.S. says the name Texas is of Native American origin and means "Friend".
- The second largest state; located in southwestern United States on the Gulf of Mexico
From Spanish Texas (also Tejas), from Hasinai Caddo táyshaʔ (“friend, ally”), used to refer to the Caddo nation.
- A state in the south central part of the United States. Capital: Austin.
- (rare) A unisex given name transferred from the place name.
Texas was also found in the following language(s): Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Sicilian, and Spanish