Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yan mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Virginia, U.S. says the name Yan means "gorgeous".
- A user from Minnesota, U.S. says the name Yan is of Chinese origin and means "Colored lights".
- A user from North Carolina, U.S. says the name Yan is of English origin and means "One".
- A submission from Brazil says the name Yan means "God's grace" and is of Bulgarian origin.
From the pinyin romanization of the Mandarin pronunciation of Chinese 燕 (Yān)
- (historical) An ancient march, duchy, and kingdom of northeastern China during the Zhou dynasty
- (historical) The realm of this land under later imperial Chinese dynasties
- (geography) A mountain chain in northeastern China.
Yan was also found in the following language(s): Tagalog