Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yu mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from India, the name Yu means "Precious Jade".
- A submission from Singapore says the name Yu means "Jade".
- According to a user from Georgia, U.S., the name Yu means "Superior".
- A user from Florida, U.S. says the name Yu is of Chinese origin and means "All of creation".
- According to a user from India, the name Yu means "Universe".
- A user from India says the name Yu means "Wandering child of the gods".
From Chinese [Term?].
- (archaeology, countable) An ancient Chinese wine-bucket, often having a decorative cover.
- (archaic, uncountable) Nephrite or jadeite.
From Russian ю (ju).
yu was also found in the following language(s): Ama, Bargam, Bislama, Duna, Jamaican Creole, Japanese, Kamula, Malalamai, Malay, Mandarin, Mapudungun, Middle English, Miskito, Nigerian Pidgin, Okinawan, Papiamentu, Pijin, Sranan Tongo, Swahili, Tok Pisin, Torres Strait Creole, Unami, Waskia, and Zarma