Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yumi mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Thailand says the name Yumi is of Japanese origin and means "The yumi was an important weapon of the samurai warrior during the feudal period of Japan. It is typically shot with Japanese arrows known as ya".
- A submission from Kentucky, U.S. says the name Yumi means "Friend" and is of Japanese origin.
- A submission from California, U.S. says the name Yumi means "Bend at waste".
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Yumi is of Japanese origin and means "Bow".
From Japanese 弓 (“yumi”)
- A type of bow from Japan.
yumi was also found in the following language(s): Achuar, Aguaruna, Bislama, French, Japanese, Pijin, Tok Pisin, and Torres Strait Creole