Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yuma mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 submissions from the United States and Mozambique agree the name Yuma means "Son of chief" and is of Aztec (Nahuatl) / Japanese origin.
- According to a user from the United States, the name Yuma means "Son of a chief".
- A submission from Florida, U.S. says the name Yuma means "Son of a Chief; Chief son" and is of Aboriginal origin.
- The Yuman language spoken by the Yuma
- A town in southwestern Arizona on the Colorado River and the California border
- A member of the North American Indian people of Arizona and adjacent Mexico and California
- A city, the county seat of Yuma County, in southwestern Arizona, United States.
- A city in Yuma County, Colorado, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Taylor County, Kentucky, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Carroll County, Tennessee, United States
- The Quechan people and language