Meaning and Origin
What does the name Nyala mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Louisiana, U.S., the name Nyala means "Mountain goat".
- A user from Canada says the name Nyala is of Bantu origin and means "African mountain goat".
- A submission from Norway says the name Nyala means "Nyala is an Indonesian word which mean flame or light".
- A user from New Zealand says the name Nyala means "Beloved".
- Spiral-horned South African antelope with a fringe of white hairs along back and neck
- City in Sudan
Probably borrowed from Tsonga nyala. The alternative form is from Zulu inyala.
- A southern African antelope, Tragelaphus angasii (syn. Nyala angasii), with thin white stripes in the grey or brown coat, a ridge of tufted hair running all along the spine, and long horns with a spiral twist.
nyala was also found in the following language(s): Indonesian, Sotho, and Zulu