Meaning and Origin
What does the name Noni mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from Virginia, U.S. agree the name Noni is of African origin and means "Gift from God".
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Noni is of African origin and means "Gift of God".
- A user from Pennsylvania, U.S. says the name Noni means "Grandmother in Italian".
- A user from New Jersey, U.S. says the name Noni is of Native American origin and means "Bird".
- According to a user from Israel, the name Noni means "A medical tree".
- A user from Cameroon says the name Noni means "Noni is an ethnic group located in Bui division in the north west region of Cameroon- central Africa. it is made up of six villages with ten Fondoms or chiefdoms".
- According to a user from Kenya, the name Noni is of African origin and means "In Kikuyu, Noni is short for Muthoni and means 'in law'".
- A user from the United States says the name Noni is of Spanish origin and means "Love and happiness".
Borrowed from Hawaiian noni.
- The Polynesian fruit tree Morinda citrifolia.
- The fruit of Morinda citrifolia, or a juice made from this fruit that is supposed to have healthful qualities
noni was also found in the following language(s): Ama, Finnish, Hawaiian, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Spanish, and Venetian