Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zori mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from Florida, U.S. says the name Zori means "Beautiful".
- A submission from Turkey says the name Zori means "Day break" and is of Roman origin.
- A user from Australia says the name Zori means "Golden Dawn".
- According to a user from Florida, U.S., the name Zori is of Bulgarian origin and means "The morning star is called Zornitsa ,Zori for short".
- A user from Georgia, U.S. says the name Zori means "Zori is a kind of shoe".
- A sandal attached to the foot by a thong over the toes
From Japanese 草履 (zōri).
- Japanese sandals made from rice straw or lacquered wood, worn with a kimono for formal occasions.
- (regional, especially Southeast US) A sandal, usually of rubber, secured to the foot by two straps mounted between the big toe and its neighbour, a flip-flop
zori was also found in the following language(s): Basque, Romanian, Serbo-Croatian, and Torres Strait Creole