Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zipporah mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Ohio, U.S. says the name Zipporah is of Hebrew origin and means "Female bird of God".
- According to a user from South Africa, the name Zipporah is of Hebrew origin and means "Female bird".
- 3 people from all over the world agree the name Zipporah is of English / Hebrew origin and means "Bird".
- A user from Kenya says the name Zipporah means "A bird. A highly spirited leader woman".
- According to a user from Trinidad and Tobago, the name Zipporah is of African origin and means "Trumpet of beauty; little bird or sparrow".
From Biblical Hebrew צִפֹּרָה (ṣippōrā), a feminization of ציפור צִפֹּר (ṣippōr, “bird”).
- The wife of Moses. (biblical character)
- A female given name from Hebrew of biblical origin.