Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zeus mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from France, the name Zeus is of Greek origin and means "He is the god of sky and ruler of all gods".
- A user from Netherlands says the name Zeus is of Greek origin and means "God of thunder".
- A user from the United Kingdom says the name Zeus is of Greek origin and means "King of the Gods".
- A submission from Singapore says the name Zeus means "A god".
- A submission from Alaska, U.S. says the name Zeus means "'sky, shine'" and is of Greek origin.
- A submission from Puerto Rico says the name Zeus means "Strong powerful brave".
- Type genus of the family Zeidae
- (Greek mythology) the supreme god of ancient Greek mythology; son of Rhea and Cronus whom he dethroned; husband and brother of Hera; brother of Poseidon and Hades; father of many gods; counterpart of Roman Jupiter
From Ancient Greek Ζεύς (Zeús).
- (Greek mythology) Supreme ruler of all Greek gods, husband to Hera.
- A male given name.
Zeus was also found in the following language(s): Translingual, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, and Swedish