Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zeta mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to 2 people from the United States and South Africa, the name Zeta is of English origin and means "Born last".
- A submission from South Africa says the name Zeta means "Last born".
- A submission from New Zealand says the name Zeta means "'born last' in Greek, and 7 in numeral terms, although it is the sixth letter in the Greek alphabet. This name is typically unknown & isn't really pronounced right. There are two spellings: Zita and Zeta. People choose to say Zeta like 'zet-ta' and Zita like 'Zee-ta'. You can't blame people for doing this since the letter i makes an 'ee' sound, and the letter e makes an 'eh' sound" and is of Greek origin.
- A submission from Greece says the name Zeta means "Trust".
Etymology: L., from Gr. �. Cf. Zed
- The 6th letter of the Greek alphabet
From the Ancient Greek ζῆτα (zêta).
- The sixth letter of the modern Greek alphabet (Ζ (Z), ζ (z)) preceded by epsilon (Ε (E), ε (e)) and followed by eta, (Η (I), η (i)); or the seventh letter in the ancient Greek alphabet, in which it is preceded by digamma (Ϝ (W), ϝ (w))
- (mathematics) A mathematical function formally known as the Riemann zeta function.
- of 3 is irrational
zeta was also found in the following language(s): Asturian, Basque, Catalan, Finnish, Galician, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Serbo-Croatian, and Spanish