Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zenobia mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 submissions from Missouri, U.S. agree the name Zenobia means "Life of Zeus" and is of Greek origin.
- A user from California, U.S. says the name Zenobia means "The word of Zeus".
- A user from Florida, U.S. says the name Zenobia is of Arabic origin and means "Daughter of zeus".
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Zenobia is of Latin origin and means "POWER OF ZEUS".
- According to a user from California, U.S., the name Zenobia means "Her fathers pride".
- A user from Nevada, U.S. says the name Zenobia is of African origin and means "Queen Of The World".
From Latin Zenobia, from Ancient Greek Ζηνοβία (Zēnobía), name of a third century Queen of Palmyra. Ostensibly from Ζήνων (Zḗnōn), an ancient derivative of Ζεύς (Zeús), but also suggested to be a rendering of the Arabic زَيْنَب (zaynab, “Zaynab”). First recorded as an English given name in Cornwall in 1586.
- A female given name from Ancient Greek.
Zenobia was also found in the following language(s): Italian