Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zechariah mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from Maryland, U.S. agree the name Zechariah is of Hebrew origin and means "God Remembers".
- An Old Testament book telling the prophecies of Zechariah which are concerned mainly with the renewal of Israel after the Babylonian Captivity
- A Hebrew minor prophet of the late 6th century BC
From Hebrew זְכַרְיָה (zəḵaryā, “יהוה has remembered”).
- (biblical) A king of Israel mentioned in the second book of Kings.
- (biblical) A book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Tanakh.
- Synonym: Zech. (abbreviation)
- (biblical) A Hebrew prophet traditionally considered the author of the Book of Zechariah, the eleventh of the Twelve Minor Prophets.
- (biblical) A Hebrew priest, the father of John the Baptist.
- A male given name from Hebrew