Meaning and Origin
What does the name Zamar mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
Origin and Meaning of Zamar
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from South Africa and the United Kingdom agree the name Zamar is of Hebrew origin and means "Praise sing or worship".
- A user from New Zealand says the name Zamar is of Hebrew origin and means "Praise sing , worship".
- A user from Sri Lanka says the name Zamar is of Arabic origin and means "Song of praise".
- A submission from Nigeria says the name Zamar means "Praise God" and is of Hebrew origin.
- A submission from Canada says the name Zamar means "One who plays a musical instrument, usually a flute. Also in Arabic meaning the same. For this meaning, probably better transcribed with two m's. 'Zamr' means song or the instrument and can be used as a verb" and is of Aramaic origin.
- A submission from Arizona, U.S. says the name Zamar means "My brother".
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Also see international interest