Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yana mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from the United Kingdom, the name Yana is of Russian origin and means "Gift from God".
- A submission from Washington, U.S. says the name Yana means "Precious to god".
- A user from Russian Federation says the name Yana is of Jewish origin and means "God's blessing".
- A user from Greece says the name Yana is of Bulgarian origin and means "In ancient Bulgarian the name means River".
- According to a user from Ohio, U.S., the name Yana is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin and means "Spiritual Journey".
- A user from the United Kingdom says the name Yana means "In native american (cherokee) Yana means bear".
- A submission from Canada says the name Yana means "Home" and is of Kurdish origin.
- A submission from Thailand says the name Yana means "Wisdom, ability of knowledge" and is of Sanskrit origin.
- A submission from India says the name Yana means "Vehicle" and is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin.
- The Yanan language spoken by the Yana
- A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in northern California
Cognate to English Jane, ultimately from Hebrew, feminine form of Ioannes ( =John).
- A female given name from the Slavic languages. A romanization of the Bulgarian or Russian name Я́на (Jána).
- A river in Sakha (Yakutia), Russia that rises near Verkhoyansk and flows into the Yana Bay of the Laptev Sea.
- A member of a North American Indian people who once resided in the eastern portion of the upper Sacramento River valley in California.
- The now extinct Hokan language of the Yana, best known for a systematic differentiation between men's and women's speech.