Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yamen mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from New Jersey, U.S. says the name Yamen means "THE ONE WITH BLESS" and is of Arabic origin.
- According to a user from Jordan, the name Yamen is of Arabic origin and means "a blessed man who brings blesses to the people around him. The feminine version of the name 'Yamen' in Arabic is 'Yamena' which means the same".
- According to a user from Sweden, the name Yamen is of Arabic origin and means "Strong and always the best one".
- According to a user from Nigeria, the name Yamen means "Happinesses".
- A user from Virginia, U.S. says the name Yamen means "gods gift".
Etymology: Chin. ya a civil or military court + men a gate
From Mandarin 衙門／衙门 (yámen).
- A residence of an official of the Chinese Empire.