Meaning and Origin
What does the name Yael mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from New York, U.S. says the name Yael means "Strength Of God, Power of God, or Enigma".
- According to a user from the United States, the name Yael is of Nigerian origin and means "Warrior of god's strength and blood".
- A submission from California, U.S. says the name Yael means "Strength of God".
- According to a user from Israel, the name Yael means "Drawing of God".
- A submission from Israel says the name Yael means "Biblical name and also the name of the animal ibex in Hebrew" and is of Jewish origin.
- A user from Israel says the name Yael is of Hebrew origin and means "1. Ibex / a woman from the bible".
- A user from Israel says the name Yael is of Hebrew origin and means "Yael was a character in the old testament. Yael is also a type of mountain goat".
Rendering of the modern Israeli Hebrew יעל.
- A female given name from Hebrew