Meaning and Origin
What does the name Xenia mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 submissions from Texas, U.S. agree the name Xenia means "Hospitality" and is of Greek origin.
- A submission from the United Kingdom says the name Xenia means "Hospitable" and is of Greek origin.
- A submission from Germany says the name Xenia means "Stranger. Hospitality" and is of Greek origin.
From the assumed name of a fifth-century saint venerated in the Eastern Orthodox Church, Latin Xenia, from Ancient Greek ξενία (xenía, “hospitable”).
- A female given name from Ancient Greek of mainly historical use in English.
- A village in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community in Kansas.
- A city, the county seat of Greene County, Ohio.
Xenia was also found in the following language(s): Danish and German