Meaning and Origin
What does the name Winslow mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Alaska, U.S., the name Winslow is of English origin and means "'hill belonging to Wine', Wine meaning 'friend'".
- English colonial administrator who traveled to America on the Mayflower and served as the first governor of the Plymouth Colony (1595-1655)
From Middle English Wynselowe, from Old English Wineshlauu, from Wines (“Wine's”, personal name) + hlāw (“mound”).
- A town in Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
- A surname.
- A town in Maine, United States.
- A male given name transferred from the surname
- A town in Indiana, United States.
- A village in Illinois, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Pennsylvania, United States.
- A city in Navajo County, Arizona, United States.
- A former settlement in California, United States.
- A city in Arkansas, United States.
- A village in Nebraska, United states.
- An unincorporated community in Kentucky, United States.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia, United States.