Meaning and Origin
What does the name Vendetta mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from the United Kingdom, the name Vendetta is of Italian origin and means "Revenge".
- A blood feud; private revenge for the murder of a kinsman.
- Any feud or contention that is bitter and prolonged; however, the deep enmity may be held by only one party to the dispute; as, the former Mayor nurtured a lifelong vendetta against the candidate who defeated him.
- A feud in which members of the opposing parties murder each other
Borrowing from Italian vendetta (“revenge”), from Latin vindicta.
- A bitter, destructive feud, normally between two families, clans, or factions, in which each injury or slaying is revenged: a blood feud.
vendetta was also found in the following language(s): Italian and Spanish