Meaning and Origin
What does the name Trellis mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
Etymology: OE. relis, F. treillis, fr. treille vine arbor, fr. L. tricla triclea triclia, a bower, arbor, summer house
- Latticework used to support climbing plants
- Train on a trellis, as of a vine
From Middle English trelis, from Anglo-Norman treslis, from Old French treille (“arbor”), from Latin trichila (“arbor", "summer house”)
- An outdoor garden frame which can be used for partitioning a common area.
- An outdoor garden frame which can be used to grow vines or other climbing plants.
- (computing theory) A kind of graph, used in communication theory and encryption, whose nodes are ordered into vertical slices by time, with each node at each time connected to at least one node at an earlier and at least one node at a later time.