Meaning and Origin
What does the name Tove mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Denmark says the name Tove is of Scandinavian origin and means "Tove is an old female, wiking name, of Scandinavian decent. So Sweden, Norway AND Denmark! It might come from a mixture of the name of Thor (meaning the God Thor, or Thunder), and a word for beautiful. So: beautiful Thor or beautiful Thunder. Also some believe it has had the meaning 'dove', which could be right, as the danish and english languages, has influenced each other, especially during the wiking settlements in England. So 'dove' can have become 'Tove' In the danish tongue".
- According to a user from Oregon, U.S., the name Tove is of Scandinavian origin and means "'Gift of Thor'. 'Beautiful Thunder'".
- A submission from New York, U.S. says the name Tove means "Favored by Thor" and is of Danish origin.
- A user from Australia says the name Tove is of Scandinavian origin and means "Beautiful".
- A user from Bahamas says the name Tove is of African origin and means "God is good".