Meaning and Origin
What does the name Tomorrow mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from New York, U.S. says the name Tomorrow means "Hope" and is of American origin.
- A submission from Maryland, U.S. says the name Tomorrow means "The future" and is of American origin.
Etymology: Prep. to + morrow
- The day after today ("what are our tasks for tomorrow?")
- The near future ("tomorrow's world" and "everyone hopes for a better tomorrow")
- The next day, the day after, following the present day
From Middle English tomorwe, tomorwen, from Old English tōmorgen, tō morgenne, tōmergen (“tomorrow”, adverb), from tō (“at, on”) + morgene, mergen (dative of morgen (“morning”)), from Proto-Germanic *murganaz (“morning”), perhaps, from Proto-Indo-European *mergʰ- (“to blink, to twinkle”), equivalent to to- + morrow.
- The day after the present day.
tomorrow was also found in the following language(s): Middle English