Meaning and Origin
What does the name Titania mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from Thailand says the name Titania means "magical strength and abilities".
- (Middle Ages) the queen of the fairies in medieval folklore
- A white powder used as a pigment for its high covering power and durability
A style of Diana in Ovid, fem. of titanius, from Titan. As faeries were identified with Classical nymphs, the queen of the faeries was equated with Diana.
- Character in Shakespeare's play A Midsummer-Night's Dream, the queen of the fairies.
- (astronomy): The largest satellite of the planet Uranus.