Meaning and Origin
What does the name Tipton mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from Tennessee, U.S. says the name Tipton means "Tibba's Homestead" and is of English origin.
- A submission from Germany says the name Tipton means "Uncle".
- A user from Tennessee, U.S. says the name Tipton is of English origin and means "Gift of god".
- A surname.
- A locality in the Toowoomba Region, Queensland, Australia.
- An industrial town in the Metropolitan Borough of Sandwell, West Midlands, England (OS grid ref SO9592).
- A census-designated place in Tulare County, California, United States.
- A city, the county seat of Tipton County, Indiana, United States.
- A small city, the county seat of Cedar County, Iowa, United States.
- A tiny city in Mitchell County, Kansas, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Franklin Township, Lenawee County, Michigan, United States.
- A small city in Moniteau County, Missouri, United States.
- A small town in Tillman County, Oklahoma, United States.
- A census-designated place in Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States.
- A neighborhood and former unincorporated community in the town of Atoka, Tipton County, Tennessee, United States.