Meaning and Origin
What does the name Tanzania mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from New Jersey, U.S., the name Tanzania means "Time Must always go on".
- A user from Tanzania, United Republic of says the name Tanzania is of Swahili origin and means "Gift from God".
- A submission from North Carolina, U.S. says the name Tanzania means "Tanzania love adventure, excitement and freedom. Tanzania are clever, quick-witted and unusually adaptable. Tanzania are capable of doing anything they wish for" and is of English origin.
- A republic in eastern Africa
Blend of Tanganyika + Zanzibar + -ia, combining the names of the former countries that merged to form Tanzania in 1964.
- Country in Eastern Africa. Official name: United Republic of Tanzania.
Tanzania was also found in the following language(s): Chichewa, Dinka, Italian, Latin, Norwegian BokmÃ¥l, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, and Swedish