Meaning and Origin
What does the name Tanganyika mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
Origin and Meaning of Tanganyika
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from New York, U.S. says the name Tanganyika means "Precious metal".
- A user from Qatar says the name Tanganyika means "It is a Tamil word which means Goldmines".
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Also see international interest
Other Dictionary Sources
- A former state in East Africa; united with Zanzibar in 1964 to form Tanzania
- The longest lake in the world in central Africa between Tanzania and Congo in the Great Rift Valley
- A large lake in Central Africa, between Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania and Zambia.
- A former British mandate and territory and, between 1961 and 1964, an independent country in East Africa.
Tanganyika was also found in the following language(s): Swahili