Meaning and Origin
What does the name Taiga mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Australia says the name Taiga is of Japanese origin and means "Big and then river or flow flow can relate to air or water big high big and graceful big fly big River big water big movement".
- A user from New York, U.S. says the name Taiga means "The exact meaning of Taiga can vary but it generally means 'Big River' in Japanese. It does not mean 'tiger' in Japanese".
- A user from Japan says the name Taiga means "Big fly high".
- A submission from Utah, U.S. says the name Taiga means "Big river".
- A user from the United Kingdom says the name Taiga means "Big and gracious".
- According to 2 people from North Carolina, U.S., the name Taiga is of Japanese origin and means "Tiger".
- A submission from Canada says the name Taiga means "Taiga meana 'Tiger'" and is of Japanese origin.
- A submission from Singapore says the name Taiga means "Peaceful and graceful".
- According to a user from Malaysia, the name Taiga means "Its means manly".
From Russian тайга́ (tajgá), from South Siberian Turkic (Altai region, for example the Altay or Shor language), or alternatively Yakut тайга (tayga, “untraversable forest”).
- A subarctic zone of evergreen coniferous forests situated south of the tundras and north of the steppes in the Northern Hemisphere.
taiga was also found in the following language(s): Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, and Portuguese