Meaning and Origin
What does the name Sura mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from Netherlands and the United States agree the name Sura is of Korean origin and means "Princess".
- A user from France says the name Sura means "Goddess, princess,. Grey, brave , beauty".
- According to a user from Serbia, the name Sura is of Hebrew origin and means "Gift of god".
- A submission from Florida, U.S. says the name Sura means "She who keeps her own counsel, in other words, mysterious woman" and is of Arabic origin.
Etymology: Ar., a step, a degree
- The muscular back part of the shank
- One of the sections (or chapters) in the Koran ("the Quran is divided in 114 suras")
From Arabic سُورَة (sūra, “chapter of the Qur'an”).
- Any of the 114 chapters of the Qur'an.
- The sap of the palmyra or of the coconut palm.
sura was also found in the following language(s): Balinese, Catalan, Cebuano, Danish, Hausa, Irish, Italian, Latin, Maltese, Polish, Romani, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, and Uzbek