Meaning and Origin
What does the name Sou mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from California, U.S. says the name Sou is of Japanese origin and means "The name Sou means Adore, bright and clear".
- A user from California, U.S. says the name Sou is of Japanese origin and means "Sacrifice".
Etymology: F. sou, OF. sol, from L. solidus a gold coin, in LL., a coin of less value. See Sold (n.) Solid, and and cf. Sol Soldo
- A former French coin of low denomination; often used of any small amount of money ("he hasn't a sou to his name")
Borrowed from French sou. Doublet of solidus and soldo.
- An old French copper coin equal to one twentieth of a livre or twelve deniers.
- (dated, slang) Cent; pocket money.
- (dated) A thing of the smallest value; a whit; a jot.
- I do not care a for your excuses.
sou was also found in the following language(s): Afrikaans, Catalan, Folopa, French, Haitian Creole, Japanese, Lindu, Livonian, Luxembourgish, Mandarin, Old Catalan, Portuguese, and Zhuang