Meaning and Origin
What does the name Shadrach mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from the United Kingdom says the name Shadrach is of Hebrew origin and means "Gift from god".
- A submission from Indiana, U.S. says the name Shadrach means "Of Babylonian origin, the name given to the Hananiah the Jewish young man after being chosen by the King to honor their god Aku" and is of Hebrew origin.
- A submission from Germany says the name Shadrach means "Tender" and is of African origin.
- According to a user from Ghana, the name Shadrach is of Hebrew origin and means "Royal".
From Hebrew שַׁדְרַךְ (shadrákh), from a Babylonian language.
- (biblical) One of the captives in the Bible who came out of the fiery furnace unharmed.
- A male given name from Hebrew of biblical origin.