Meaning and Origin
What does the name Saran mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from the United States and India agree the name Saran is of Hindu origin and means "God of Love".
- 2 submissions from the United States and Canada agree the name Saran means "Joy" and is of African origin.
- A user from Indiana, U.S. says the name Saran is of Mongolian origin and means "Beautiful moon".
- A user from the United States says the name Saran means "Lots of flowers".
- A submission from Canada says the name Saran means "Name from Mali (Africa). In this country pronunciation is Sa /ran/ and spelling Saranh" and is of African origin.
- Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things
From a trade name coined by the Dow Chemical Co. for for a number of monomers and polymers made from vinylidene chloride (especially polyvinylidene chloride)
- A plastic resin used to make packaging films.
saran was also found in the following language(s): Dalmatian, Finnish, Tatar, and Veps