Meaning and Origin
What does the name Sander mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A submission from California, U.S. says the name Sander means "Protector of the people".
- A submission from Netherlands says the name Sander means "Sander is short for Alexander. From Greek Alexandros: 'Defender of the People'" and is of Greek origin.
- According to a user from Oregon, U.S., the name Sander means "Friend, support, guidance".
- A power tool used for sanding wood; an endless loop of sandpaper is moved at high speed by an electric motor
sand + -er
- A person employed to sand wood.
- A machine to mechanize the process of sanding.
- (railway) A device which spreads sand on the rails in wet, snowy or icy conditions to improve traction.
- (archaic) Previously a small device resembling a saltshaker but containing sand that was shaken over a document to remove excess ink.
sander was also found in the following language(s): Old Swedish