Meaning and Origin
What does the name Russ mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
- A Russian, or the Russians.(Rare, except in poetry)
- The language of the Russians.
Diminutive of Russell.
- A diminutive of the male given name Russell.
- A surname.
From German Russe etc., from Old East Slavic Русь (Rusĭ). Compare more recent Rus.
- (dated) The Russian language.
- (dated, rare, poetic) A Russian.
Russ was also found in the following language(s): German, Hunsrik, and Luxembourgish