Meaning and Origin
What does the name Rupert mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
- English leader (born in Germany) of the Royalist forces during the English Civil War (1619-1682)
A German name, brought to England by Prince Rupert of the Rhine in the seventeenth century.
- (chiefly Britain) A male given name from the Germanic languages.
- A city, the county seat of Minidoka County, Idaho.
- An unincorporated community in Ohio.
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- (derogatory, slang, military) A junior army officer.
Rupert was also found in the following language(s): German