Meaning and Origin
What does the name Royston mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to 2 people from South Africa and Australia, the name Royston is of English origin and means "To Rule and be strong".
From a place name in Hertfordshire, from the medieval given name Royce + Old English tūn (“settlement”)
- A habitational surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A town in North Hertfordshire district, Hertfordshire, England, on the Cambridgeshire border.
- A large village in Barnsley borough, South Yorkshire, England (OS grid ref SE3611).
- A suburb of Glasgow, Scotland (OS grid ref NS6066).
- A coastal hamlet on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- A city in Franklin County, Hart County and Madison County, Georgia, United States.
- A ghost town in Fisher County, Texas, United States.