Meaning and Origin
What does the name Rocky mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Rocky is of English origin and means "Jagged rocks".
- A user from Kentucky, U.S. says the name Rocky means "Honest, fun loving, careful, narrsicstic occasionally".
- A submission from Illinois, U.S. says the name Rocky means "Jagged" and is of Turkish origin.
- According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Rocky means "love and meaningful".
- A submission from New Jersey, U.S. says the name Rocky means "Consisting of full of rock or rocks" and is of German origin.
- According to a user from Texas, U.S., the name Rocky means "Cold water".
- According to a user from Grenada, the name Rocky means "Life food and home".
- Full of, or abounding in, rocks; consisting of rocks; as, a rocky mountain; a rocky shore.
- Like a rock; as, the rocky orb of a shield.
- Fig.: Not easily impressed or affected; hard; unfeeling; obdurate; as, a rocky bosom.
- Full of hardship or trials ("the rocky road to success")
- Abounding in rocks or stones ("rocky fields")
- Causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements
- Liable to rock ("on high rocky heels")
Diminutives with -y.
- A male given name, pet form of Rocco and Roch.
- Rocky Balboa, a fictional boxer played by Sylvester Stallone in a series of films.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- (informal, Australia) The regional city of Rockhampton, Queensland.
- A town in Oklahoma.