Meaning and Origin
What does the name Raja mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from India, the name Raja is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin and means "King in Sanskrit Language".
- A submission from India says the name Raja means "King. It's used in India from ancient times and predates the Hindi language. It's usage in mentioned in old Sanskrit texts also" and is of Hindi origin.
- 6 people from all over the world agree the name Raja is of Hindu / Islamic / Muslim origin and means "King".
- A submission from Singapore says the name Raja means "King in Muslim".
- 2 people from the United Arab Emirates and the United States agree the name Raja is of Arabic origin and means "Hope".
- Type genus of the family Rajidae
- A prince or king in India
From an alternative spelling of Latin raia (“ray”).
- A taxonomic genus within the family Rajidae – certain skates.