Meaning and Origin
What does the name Moksha mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
Origin and Meaning of Moksha
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Arkansas, U.S., the name Moksha means "salvation, liberation, freedom, and gods gift".
- 2 people from California, U.S. agree the name Moksha is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin and means "Liberation".
- A user from Washington, U.S. says the name Moksha is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin and means "Liberation, or release from the cycle of reincarnation".
- A user from the United Kingdom says the name Moksha is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin and means "Salvation".
- A user from India says the name Moksha is of Sanskrit origin and means "Bless".
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Also see international interest
From Moksha мокша (mokša, “a Moksha person”).
- A language of the Finnic branch of the Uralic language family, spoken by about 428,000 people in the western and southern parts of Mordovia, a dependent republic within Russia, and the adjacent regions of Tambov, Penza, Samara, Ulyanovsk, Saratov, Tatarstan, Buguruslan and Bashkortostan.
- A member of the people who speak this language.