Meaning and Origin
What does the name Maui mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 people from Nigeria and the United States agree the name Maui is of Hawaiian origin and means "Demi god".
- A user from Nigeria says the name Maui means ".The name maui means. demi...god. also a god that want all power to be is own".
- A submission from Illinois, U.S. says the name Maui means "Adventure" and is of Hawaiian origin.
- A submission from Florida, U.S. says the name Maui means "Love".
- According to a user from Ohio, U.S., the name Maui is of Hawaiian origin and means "1. An island in Hawaii 2. The demigod of Hawaiian mythology".
- The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands
From Hawaiian Maui, probably a contraction of Māui (“a Hawaiian trickster god”).
- The second-largest island of Hawaii.
- (Polynesian mythology) Alternative spelling of Māui
Maui was also found in the following language(s): Hawaiian