Meaning and Origin
What does the name Kurt mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to 2 people from Wisconsin, U.S., the name Kurt is of Turkish / German origin and means "Wolf".
- According to a user from Turkey, the name Kurt is of Turkish origin and means "is wolf. It is very old Turkish name".
- A submission from North Carolina, U.S. says the name Kurt means "Kurt Cobain (1967-94) An American guitarist and singer. He started the band Nirvana and was the one who though of 1991's Smells Like Teen Spirit" and is of American origin.
- According to a user from Illinois, U.S., the name Kurt is of German origin and means "Wise giant, genius".
From German Kurt.
- A male given name from the Germanic languages borrowed from German, a contracted form of Konrad.
Kurt was also found in the following language(s): Danish, Faroese, German, Norwegian, Swedish, and Turkish