Meaning and Origin
What does the name Krista mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Latvia says the name Krista is of Portuguese origin and means "Follower of Christ, Goddess of sea".
- 5 submissions from the United States and South Africa agree the name Krista means "Follower of Christ" and is of Finnish / Czech origin.
- According to a user from Denmark, the name Krista means "God of the sea".
- A submission from Maryland, U.S. says the name Krista means "Lover of god, kind and thoughtful".
- A submission from Wisconsin, U.S. says the name Krista means "Gift of god" and is of English origin.
- A user from North Carolina, U.S. says the name Krista is of English origin and means "Loving and caring to her children".
- A user from Virginia, U.S. says the name Krista means "Dreams".
A spelling variant of Christa, a modern short form of Christina, partly borrowed from German Christa.
- A female given name from Ancient Greek.
Krista was also found in the following language(s): Danish, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, Icelandic, and Latvian